Sunday, March 24, 2013

Italian night!

So you don't think that everything I cook comes out of the pressure cooker...
 
Bruschetta with some amazing olive oil an Italian friend gave us!





Fresh Basil, tomato, fresh mozzarella, with a few drips of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I prefer it on little slices of toasted baguette. Pictured here on some plain water crackers.  Not too shabby.

Oven roasted brussels! My new favorite veg!
 I steamed these in the microwave with a little water or four minutes then tossed them in olive oil, salt, pepper... and yes my favorite herb, thyme. Then roasted in the oven on 400°F for 15-20 min till they got a little brown and crispy on the outside than grated a handful of parmesan over the top of the hot little babies!
Before the oven!
Super fast and easy I just alternated layers of polenta rounds sliced from a log with shredded motz, and turkey burger bolognese sauce. In the hot box at 350°F for 30min. Danny loooved it! Yay!